Monday, December 3, 2018

Arrival of our little precious ♡




Our little precious finally came into this world and joined our little family on 3 Dec 2018!

Exactly on my EDD (Estimated Delivery Date) at exactly 40weeks full term! From the time my waterbag burst, took 1 hour in total to bath, eat my breakfast and prepared my stuff and went down to the hospital delivery ward and after approx 5hours+ in the delivery suite, with only laughing gas, via natural and with vacuum assist, and soooooooo much pain, she finally popped!

 
In the car on the way to the hospital~

 Checked In to the hospital delivery ward!

6.00am - Waterbag burst
6.40am - My In-laws came by to pick us up to send us to the hospital
7.12am - Arrival at the hospital delivery ward
7.41am - Blood drawn and plug inserted
9.30am - Ate breakfast served by the hospital but appetite aint really good by now as minor contractions has began
10.30am - The doctor finally came by to check on me and my dilation. 1cm dilated. Started on the laughing gas. I must say that the cervix check hurts sooooo much!!
11.30am - Contractions for the pass 1 hour has been really bad at every 1 to 2 minutes. Already in so much pain I am pushing involuntarily even though I am still not 10cm dilated. Baby found to have unstable heartbeat by now as it is feeling distress. Doctors asking if I want Epidural which I rejected as I have always been brainwashing myself to not take any epidural. By now only 2 to 3cm dilated. End up the doctors advise to administer some medication/drug to calm me down and ease the contractions in hope that I can relax and rest a little to that my baby wont be in distress. But the effect only worked for 10mins and I was back in contractions and pain again. Some doctors were discussing if they should push me in to have a caesarean delivery instead but thankfully 1 of the doctors was against the idea and decided to let me wait and try to hold out a little more.
12.05pm - I am screaming so badly by now that all the nurses, doctors, midwives from outside my ward came in to check on me. More and more hands went in to me to check on my cervix and dilation and trying to push baby's head back in as I was still pushing. It was so painful I thought I was gonna die.
12.20pm - Doctors decide its time to try to start pushing. Screamed my lungs out and was teased about it as I was screaming into the laughing gas which was silly since I was wasting energy instead. Finally a midwife taught me the proper way of pushing and after several push they decided to snip me to open up abit more and that I require vacuum assistance as I just couldn't push her out and they were worried that she might be in danger due to the distress and unstable heartbeat.
12.37pm - My precious finally popped! Hooray!

First question I asked after she popped, "Is she ok?"
Second thing I said right after she popped (while crying), "No more number 2. I dont want already!"
Blood drawn, plug inserted and waiting in the delivery ward for my contractions and labour to start!

 
On laughing gas and getting myself high to hopefully relieve myself from the pain!

 My baby girl is finally OUT!

My cheeky baby giving daddy a wink and a yay sign to show her happiness and excitement to see us and this world!

Baby and Daddy's first touch! Such precious moments~


Thank God for her smooth and relatively fast delivery~ Else I dont know how I was gonna survive all that pain for any longer! And I must really Thank God for bringing her into this world smoothly, safely and healthily!

Sincere thanks also to the doctors, nurses and midwives at KK Women's and Children's Hospital for making sure I was well and my baby was well and taken care of and for the wonderful stay and hospitality! IF I ever have my 2nd baby, I will definitely go back to KK Hospital!

Our first skin to skin session and first time I held my baby girl in my arms!

I must say, labour pain is really just out of this world and I don't know if I will ever have the courage to go through it another time. But for now at least I am glad its over and I must say all the pain experienced over the 9months of pregnancy + the labour pain felt so worth it when I finally get to see her and hold her in my arms and especially when I heard her first cry! She is just the cutest and sweetest little one and I still cant believe she came out of me!

Now, the real journey begins with our new upgraded status as new parents, to many sleepless nights, sore boobs, and much smiles, love and happiness to fill our hearts~

Our family, life and hearts are contented, complete, and so full right now~ ♡

Mummy & Daddy Love you our little precious~

 Our first family photo! Although I look super shag and swollen from all the crying and tiredness, but this is one photo that I will treasure for always!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails