ALMOND SUGEE COOKIES
My favourite cookies of all Chinese New Year Goodies! Melts in the mouth and has a sweet savoury taste that lingers in your mouth and makes you wanna have more!! SUPER LOVE! Its so addictive that my friends and sister-in-law are asking for more, cause they have already finished everything!!
Best of all, it is SOOOOOOO EASYYYY TO MAKE!!
80g Almond Flour
150g Plain Flour
100g Sunflower / Olive Oil (Or any cooking oil of your preference)
50g Icing sugar (You can add more if you like it sweeter)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda (Baking Soda)
1 Egg Yolk (For egg wash)(Optional - I didnt put any as I like my sugee cookies to be pale looking)
1) Preheat oven to 170 degree celcius.
2) Mix all the ingredients (except the eggwash) in a large mixing bowl til doughy
3) Take a spoon of dough and roll them into round balls and place them on a lined baking tray. (Optional - Brush on the eggwash on the top if you like the top to look golden)
4) Bake for 15mins or until golden brown.
5) Allow to cool on a cooling rack before you pack them into bottles, eat them or serve them!
Happy Baking and Happy Chinese New Year in Advance!