KUEH SEMPERIT / KUIH SEMPERIT / DAHLIA COOKIES
Looks Pretty, Buttery, and Melts in the mouth! Super yummylicious! My husband's favourite cookies! He finished all sooooo quickly I had to make another batch for him!
125g Salted Butter (Softened to room temperature)
70g Icing Sugar
170g Plain Flour
20g Custard Flour
1 Egg Yolk
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract / Rose Essence / Lemon Flavouring
1 tsp Chopped Cherries
1) Preheat oven to 150 degree celsius.
2) Sift plain flour, custard flour and cornflour in a large bowl and mix well.
3) Use an electric mixer and cream the butter and icing sugar for about 5 minutes til light and fluffy. Add in the egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
4) Use a piping nozzle and pipe out the dough on a tray lined with parchment paper. Squeeze dough out, and twist to cut it.
5) Decorate with a piece of cherry in the centre. (Press lightly)
6) Bake in oven for 22-24 minutes. (Cookies should not turn brown.) Cool in tray for 2-3 minutes before removing and transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Made some in other variations too! You could put colorful sprinkles or chocolate chips as well! =)
Enjoy Baking and Happy Chinese New Year!