Thursday, November 6, 2014

Yuriko Can Cook, So Can You: Recipe - Fried Sweet Potato Balls in 5 Steps!


SUPER EASY, SUPER YUMMY, SUPER AFFORDABLE!!

Saw a friend posted this on Facebook and it immediately made me crave for it! Had this yummylicious snack quite some time back when I was travelling and so when I saw it, it immediately made me start craving for it! My sweet friend, Yvonne was really nice and share the recipe with me and so yesterday as I was in the mood to cook I decided to try it out and share this recipe with all of you!! :)


INGREDIENTS
(approximately 25 balls /  for 2pax)
Recipe Source http://annieliciousfood.blogspot.sg/2012/12/fried-sweet-potato-balls-mff-pahang.html
But I did some amendments as I didnt want to make too much since it was a night snack for 2 pax and my parents-in-law just took a piece or 2 to try, plus it is really fattening to eat too much at night!

280g of Sweet Potatoes Flesh
130g Glutinous Rice Flour
15g of Corn Flour
70-80g of Sugar (Depending on how sweet you prefer it to be)
1/4 tsp of Salt (or Sea Salt)
Oil for deep-frying



5 STEPS METHOD

1. Skin the Sweet Potatoes, and cut into chunks. Boil sweet potato until tender.(About 20mins)
2. Mash the Potatoes
3. Mix the glutinous rice flour, corn flour, sugar, salt and mashed potatoes together and knead lightly until it forms a smooth dough
4. Pinch a small piece of dough (about 15g each) and roll it with both palms to form a smooth ball. (Do note that if the ball is too big it may not be fully cooked in the middle and you may risk frying for too long til the surface is overcooked.)
5. Heat up oil in work or simply put into heated deep-fryer and fry til the ball floats up and turns golden brown. This should take about 3mins for each batch of balls frying. Remove from oil, drain on paper towel and serve hot!

ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails